Failure to have the filters changed in your Refill Station when required can result in the filters becoming clogged and the Refill Station may become unable to operate. If additional repairs become necessary due to filters not being replaced, those repairs will not be covered under warranty and will be billed to the customer.
Articles in this section
- How much does it cost to bring FloWater to my business?
- Can I change the filters in my Refill Station myself?
- My Refill Station's filters were just replaced, but the notification message is still displaying on the screen
- How much does it cost to have the filters in my Refill Station(s) replaced?
- What happens if I don’t have the filters changed in my Refill Station when required?
- How often do I need the filters changed on my Refill Station?
- What should I do if my Refill Station hasn't been used for a prolonged period of time?
- My business has to temporarily close down due to COVID-19. Is there anything I need to do with the Refill Station while I’m closed, or before I reopen?
- Will FloWater increase my hydration levels?
- What is the pH of FloWater?