Leave your Refill Station plugged in. This will allow the critical sanitization functions to keep working. Before you open for business, follow this simple reset procedure, then your Refill Station will be good to go! If your Refill Station has been unplugged or disconnected for an extended period of time, contact FloWater Support here for assistance.
Articles in this section
- How much does it cost to bring FloWater to my business?
- Can I change the filters in my Refill Station myself?
- My Refill Station's filters were just replaced, but the notification message is still displaying on the screen
- How much does it cost to have the filters in my Refill Station(s) replaced?
- What happens if I don’t have the filters changed in my Refill Station when required?
- How often do I need the filters changed on my Refill Station?
- What should I do if my Refill Station hasn't been used for a prolonged period of time?
- My business has to temporarily close down due to COVID-19. Is there anything I need to do with the Refill Station while I’m closed, or before I reopen?
- Will FloWater increase my hydration levels?
- What is the pH of FloWater?